Blogging as a hobby

Discussion in 'DIY Forums' started by crumblysculling, Jun 28, 2016.

1. crumblysculling

Fishies collected:
    So i finally decided to share my love for fishes and aquariums using a blog about half a year ago and I'm wondering if I can monetize it so I can profit while still having fun. I was going to sign up for an affiliate but found that I need a bit more traffic to qualify. Any ideas on how to get more people to view my blog? Anyone here who has a blog?

2. Travis Dragan

Travis Dragan I contributed!
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    Being active on any types of social media always bumping your blog, doing videos and anything that will work cross platform. Going on as many forums (hobby related) like this one and getting your name out there. You can usually do google adsense to add advertisements to your site (banners usually i think) i dont think the amount of traffic restricts you, just the amount of money you would bring in would be less.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    crumblysculling

Fishies collected:
    I'll take note of your suggestions. Thank you!!
    My friend also said that when she checked, my blog doesn't have a responsive(?) layout and that she can't view it properly from her mobile. She has a 3-year old website where she sells textures and brushes for Photoshop use and she's already such an expert on this. She said she can help me with the graphics but I'd have to look for someone who can do the coding properly so it shows up properly in various devices. She then recommended the company she recently hired after she changed her website's layout. She likes to change her site's look like crazy. lol

4. Travis Dragan

Travis Dragan I contributed!
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    I do our site. Its pretty easy and if your site is primarily a blog, WordPress should be perfect. Just a matter of finding a layout you like and one that is mobile friendly

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk