-SPONSOR- Cost Effective Shipping In the Midwest?

Discussion in 'MiniWaters' started by MiniWaters, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MiniWaters

MiniWaters Junior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    A question came in via private message tonight, asking:

"Is there any cost effective shipping from Duluth to the Twins Cities?"

Absolutely!

There are several options for ground shipping, but the best one here in the Midwest is SpeeDee Delivery. They are my defacto first choice for ground-based shipping to the following areas:

[​IMG]

So everything in WHITE is the MiniWaters OVERNIGHT delivery zone. So all of MN, WI, Northern IL, Northern IA, Eastern ND, Eastern SD...you are in my zone! The gray areas are 2-day. Black - sorry, can't use SpeeDee.

Shipping via this method? Well, my most recent shipment of two fish went to the Milwaukee area for $7, overnight. I've sent a 30 lb. box overnight to Chicago for $12 in the past. I use SpeeDee for all the wholesale shipments I can; any LFS in the region who is purchasing from me also benefits from this great, extremely affordable service.

Now, SpeeDee doesn't guarantee, and I've heard the horror stories - well, actually just horror story. Only one bad shipment that I personally have heard of. That said, there really never needs to be a bad shipment with SpeeDee because I can OVERPACK INSANELY. That's right, want me to put each fish in a gallon of water? NO PROBLEM! All my fish go out packaged generously anyway, always with oxygen and plenty of water. While I don't WANT to ship Marine Fish on "2 day" shipments, the reality is that it should be doable. Regardless, anything I ship via SpeeDee is covered by the live arrival guarantee..same for stores and retail customers. You just need to be able to receive the shipment at delivery and check it right then and there. I have a short, 2 hour reporting window, not because I'm trying to skirt responsibility, but because I don't want fish sitting outside, unprotected, all day, and then I'm held responsible for that. YOU are responsible for receiving your fish when they arrive!

So, provided the weather is agreeable, SpeeDee is an option and my first choice within the region. Of course, when it's -14F...or even 10F...I'm hesitant. I do know that drivers will, at times, place fish shipments in the cab where it's heated, but not always, so I don't risk it. Spring, Summer and Fall, you can't go wrong.

#1 MiniWaters, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. David Grigor

David Grigor TCMAS Old Timer
    Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    I didn't think Mr.McFeely could get around very fast anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    MiniWaters

MiniWaters Junior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    Bwahahaha I had to look it up. I think it's a family business...his grandson must be out peddling really fast.

4. OP
    MiniWaters

MiniWaters Junior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected: