Do I try this?

Discussion in 'Nano and Pico reef systems' started by Avriel, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Avriel

Fishies collected:
  2. diermmen

diermmen Miner cancels Drink; Interrupted by Carp
    Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    Temperature fluctuations. Chemical fluctuations. Algae problems. Fish/coral disease.

All of these can be extremely fast eco-system destroyers in a nano/pico scale tank. If you are willing to go to lengths necessary to solve/prevent those issues in your system, go for it.

#2 diermmen, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  3. Reefer Sutherland

Reefer Sutherland Too Muddy...

Fishies collected:
    I have one that i could let go of. However it is the PC bulb version. The light has a 50/50 PC bulb, and two little LED moonlights.

I got it from Goberson79, never used it, the boss says no more tanks in our house. :biggthumpup:

PM me if interested

4. OP
    Avriel

Fishies collected:
    Probably gonna do my own thing...i've recieved a couple tanks secondhand that were just not exactly what i wanted and i wanna do one from scratch. More expensive, yes. But with a pico it's not a huge hit on the wallet to buy new vs. used.

As for water...do you think I could use water from my main tank to start the cycle with and I have a fuge in my sump so if anything ever happened in the little tank i could easily transfer to the fuge to treat it. I think having the shrimp in there will give me a good idea of water quality once i get it all up and going if something's in a downward spiral. They seem to give a good idea in my main tank if something drastic is about to happen.