Euphyillia Coral help

Discussion in 'New to the hobby?' started by acso151, Feb 11, 2018.

1. acso151

Fishies collected:
    Help please! I have a 11 month old tank that is doing well except for my euphyllia corals. I started with current marine orbits lights (I know, stupid move) and have upgraded to SBOX lights. I have Zoe’s, mushrooms, Favia, birds nest, and other mixed tank corals that are growing. My birds nest is my best grower but the Hammer, Frogspawn and torch are the worst. The hammer has retracted tight and they are not dying but not responding. I test my water regularly and no signs of trouble. I have tried various places in tank thinking flow or light may be issue but no improvements. Now I’m thinking that the water I get may be issue. I get water from grocery store at the water stations that are RO water but not RODI as far as I now. Could this be the issue? Please chime in as I am at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tomte25

tomte25 Junior Member
    TCMAS Member

Fishies collected:
    Following...my tank is around the same age. I had trouble with keeping frogspawn but my 2 torches are very happily growing and splitting. I have my torches lower in the tank with moderate flow. They looked a bit unhappy the first couple weeks in the tank. But they perked up after. I feed mysis to them weekly which probably helps. But find it odd that the frogspawn did so poorly.