-SPONSOR- Fragtastic Experience NOW ONLINE!

Discussion in 'Fragtastic Reef' started by Fragtastic Reef, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Fragtastic Reef

Fragtastic Reef We Dont Frag Around! Rare fish and more
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    Hey everyone,

Well soon we will be beginning our Business New Year Revolution!

Yup thats right not a resolution but revolution. We are planning to completely start our website over from scratch and will be completely decked out for this new year! We hope to be launching it sometime this January with a huge amount of upgrades and sweet new look.

Everything will be changing on our website, but that is not all.... We will be adding livestock to the site like never before seen!

Here is our plans for the website so far and what is coming soon:

• Integrated Shipping and Tracking via website
    • Integrated Live Chat System
    • Membership and Loyalty Programs - Reward points & Exclusive deals
    • New Online Only Fish and Coral System at our retail store - We will be tripling our coral selection and holding capacity.
    • A REVOLUTIONARY LIVE FEED & VIEWING OF LIVESTOCK VIA WEBSITE!
    • The most advanced and largest WYSIWYG selection in the industry via our Live Feed Integration
    • Redesigned from the ground up to make it easier than ever to find the right items for your aquarium size. You will be able to break down not only by brand but tank sizes etc..

We have a lot of work ahead of us and need your help and ideas. Any suggestions or thoughts?

We will begin by getting the equipment and core of the site done in January. Then adding on the Live Feed and Video system and new coral/fish system in the following couple months after the initial launch.

The Live Feed system is our plan to make is set apart from everyone else, it will essentially allow online and local customers to shop at our LFS while sitting in their Spiderman pajamas! This will be the most complex and hardest thing for us to get finished, but I know some IT guys that are willing to help out. My goal is to allow my customers to view fish and corals via our website Live Feed page in real time. This will not only allow you to see what your really getting but make everything on our website a True WYSIWYG selection. Our hope is to let you view the designer clownfish pair you want swimming in the tank or the coral colony you have been drooling over all while sitting in your PJ's and drinking a cup of Joe. I should hopefully find out if this will be possible this coming week, but this is my goal in the next few months.

So what is your thoughts and ideas everyone? Any feedback and suggestions?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. jlanger

jlanger "The North Remembers"
    Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    Sounds very exciting, Garrett!
    This does sound revolutionary and it sounds like you've put a lot of time and thought into implementing this website and WYSIWYG interaction.
    Good luck!

Suggestions?
    It seems lightsabers, starships, wookies and droids are really hot right now! ;)
    And we won't be seeing you in your He-Man Underoos; right?!

3. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    You just might see some HeMan coming to life via live feed.. haha Remember Winter is Coming sometime this year... Maybe...

4. Reefking

Fishies collected:
    Interesting? I like the ideas...

Regards
    reefking

5. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Well the ball is officially rolling everyone! Just had another meeting with the company that is going to help transfer and get everything setup. I am pretty excited about this and hope you guys are too.

Still hoping the new website will be live the beginning of January.

6. cypho

cypho I contributed!
    Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    I'm sure this would be a lot harder than it sounds, but since you're going all in on the tech, here's my suggestion.

Have the website automatically fetch the stock lists from all the wholesalers you frequently use and include results on your website as things available for "pre-order". Even if pricing is too tricky to automate, just a list without prices showing what could be (upon request) had next week would be really cool.

#6 cypho, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. Reefking

Fishies collected:
    I like that idea. I am always looking for a partcular type of sps coral and the wholesale list might spark further inquiry.

8. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    That is a great idea, and possible to do but there is an issue with that. Suppliers don't break down a lot of their lists into specific species and are usually just generalized. For fish obviously this is different and would be easier to do since they usually just give the scientific name.

9. cypho

cypho I contributed!

Fishies collected:
    Ok, here's another one. Copy DD and let us sign up for a mailing list that spams our inbox every time you add new inventory.

If you want to be evil, beat DD by 30 minutes and go live with your updates at 12:00 PM so we have to commit to buying from you before we find out whats going up on DD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. cheezybuda

cheezybuda I contributed!

Fishies collected:
    That's cold blooded, William.

I like your style.

11. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    I won't be sending out mass emails and spam like most other companies do... Just don't have the time for that. haha

12. BlacknBlue2

BlacknBlue2 I contributed!

Fishies collected:
    You could set it up to automatically do it

13. cypho

cypho I contributed!

Fishies collected:
    It seems like something the website should be able to do automatically each time you update the inventory on the website.

14. dirtrider225

dirtrider225 Junior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    I love the idea of real time updated items! it would give me an excuse to drive to the store. I could tell the girlfriend "they finally have fish/coral xyz in stock and look! its on sale!! (sale or no sale of course) I typically ALWAYS have my eye open for something or another but i dont like going in to see if its in stock, or making an order online for one fish or coral or anemone (unless its something i cant walk away from of course) So if you had your website with wysiwyg pictures like you were talking about and a live feed, it would make it all too easy to

A.) Use the live chat and ask you to hold said item
    B.) Convince S/O that i have to go right now and get said item because its on sale or super rare or *insert reason here*
    C.) Get me to actually buy the said item i wanted but never would buy cause i was too lazy to go in to a store.

15. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    This can be done with RSS feeds I believe that is correct. So anyone following the feed will get updates.

16. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Yup that sure sounds good to me.. lol

Also it will virtually allow customers to shop at our LFS from anywhere in the country and order it online. You could actually order it also online and just choose pickup at store.

17. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Just an update for our customers; The new website project is fully underway! We appreciate your patience and business during this time. As most of you know we are a small ma and pa retail store and do everything ourselves. I personally do the customer service, packing, processing orders, shipping, and running the retail store, and that is on top of doing my own website. We are still hoping to have the website launched this month, but I have a lot of work still ahead of me!

Most of the products are now integrated into the new system, and now the exciting and grueling task of making it the most user friendly possible begins! We will now begin updating over 1200+ products and completely restructuring the site. Our goal is to have a completely streamlined site, making it one of the best sites to use and search for what you need quickly!

Stay tuned and thank you again everyone for supporting our family business! We can't wait to get this new baby launched, and we promise you will enjoy shopping at FragtasticReef.com more than ever in 2016!

18. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Hey everyone,

Well working on the website now which seems to be taking forever! I am looking for someone that can do CSS and coding required for changes to the menu and category setup. I am wanting to put a Mega Menu in the new site and need some help with setup and coding. We can pay cash or store credit whichever you would prefer.

If you have the skills or know someone that does on how to do this please contact me via phone.

Garrett
    507-304-2579

19. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Well another week has passed and we are well on our way to having the NEW FRAGTASTIC EXPERIENCE live!

So far we have the site design and platform almost ready to go with a few minor tweaks, then it will be on to the more boring part of integrating the backend and order systems.

We hope to be launching it around the end of this month so stay tuned.

When the new site is launched we will be having sales, giveaways, just some really awesome top secret news on other things we plan to do!

Thank you again everyone for your support, help, advice, and business.

20. OP
    Fragtastic Reef

Fishies collected:
    Launching the site is just around the corner everyone! We plan to have the new website live this next Monday and ready for everyone to check out the new "Fragtastic Reef Experience".

We are super excited on the launch of the new site and can't wait to see what you guys think.