-SPONSOR- Free Caulerpa Prolifera or Live Brine Shrimp @ Petco Table

Discussion in 'Petco Minnetonka (Aquatics Magnet Store)' started by jjwhiteboy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. jjwhiteboy

jjwhiteboy I contributed!
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    Handing out at the table starting at noon while supplies last!

• Like Like x 1
  2. esbowman

esbowman I contributed!
    Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
  3. acharpenter

acharpenter Senior Member
    BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    This was awesome of you!

Thank you as usual Jason and Petco for all you guys do!

4. capman

capman I contributed!
    Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    You know, I wonder whether a free table might be a nice thing in the future? I don't know how it would work (and how greedy grabbing of everything by just a few people would be avoided), but many folks probably have things that they'd like to share.

For example, today, on the spur of the moment while bagging up frags and critters for others prior to coming to the expo, I filled two bags with mixes of some nice Caulerpas and some nice red macroalgae, and I dropped them off at the swap to be given away. I had literally been about to toss these things in the trash in the lab after clearing them out of one of my tanks, and then it occurred to me that someone at the swap might like them.

Maybe the way to do this sort of thing would be to post on the forum in advance that you have things to spare, but I didn't do that because it gets so complicated connecting with people, and also because I wasn't sure I was actually going to make it to the swap until close to the last minute. It seems a table of free stuff (not a junk table, but things people might actually want) could be fun.

I could also have brought a whole bunch of green star polyps to the swap too, but didn't do so because of lack of advance planning, and I was getting overwhelmed with keeping track of the 6 people I was already planning to meet up with.

#4 capman, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  5. OP
    jjwhiteboy

jjwhiteboy I contributed!
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Supporter

Fishies collected:
    Great idea! And thanks for the nice bag of macro!

6. acharpenter

acharpenter Senior Member
    BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    Members do this at every EXPO - with or without notice members give us items to give to the club free of charge (you guys rock - thank you). They drop things to us at the raffle table to give away. We put them in the "last chance drawing".

Which means - once we draw for a raffle prize - all the tickets that didnt win go into a pile for the last chance drawing.

After all raffle prizes are done - we take everything members gave us spur of the moment at the Expo and give them away via the last chance pile tickets.

Should note - some of these spur of the moment donations - we also give away during the door prize drawings as well

#6 acharpenter, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016