Gfo reactor

Discussion in 'Equipment: Setup and Discussion' started by awlarso, Mar 8, 2017.

1. awlarso

Fishies collected:
    I am currently looking to add a gfo reactor to my 125g with sump setup. I am just looking for some different opinions as to a good one to get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. schmitty

Fishies collected:
    I've been using the BRS reactor for about 8 months and find it to be working very well. You should be ready to spend sometime testing water for phosphates weekly in your tank and then on the return side of the reactor to know your levels or its just a waste of time to add one.

3. David Grigor

David Grigor TCMAS Old Timer
    Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    Honestly just needs to pass through. I'm not really aware of one design being any better than another.

BRS reactors have worked well for me for carbon, gfo, or just filter floss.

4. evadek1

Fishies collected:
  5. RedLine

TCMAS Member

Fishies collected:
    I installed the Little Fishes 150 reactor a few weeks ago. Easy install. Installed it to hang outside the sump as I have limited space to work with. I had planned into my main return pump for reactors, so connecting the reactor to the main return line was simple. The valve included was nice along with the simple fittings. For the cost it seems simple and has reduced my phosphates. One more media to change occasionally....