Great White Dive

Discussion in 'Photography' started by RSnodgrass, Sep 22, 2016.

1. OP
    RSnodgrass

RSnodgrass TCMAS President
    Staff Member BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    Thanks Angie, glad you enjoyed it! I spent entirely too much time making this but I'll try to answer your questions.

We had a drone and the weather was spectacular for it! The control of it was not amazing but the editing to make it look good was (o;

I was too excited on the first morning and we got in around 2:30 am so I promptly got up and started filming. It was extremely eery because it was perfectly calm after 18hrs of waves but also because you could hear all the seal pups crying out since the adults hunt at night and were gone.

The audio is from the company owner who happens to be a former professional Swedish cyclists for 10yrs! Very interesting guy and has taken a number of nat geo and discovery crews out so his stories were very fun.

The music was a trip since I had to artificially extend a few of the songs to fit better.

There were several uncertified divers (didn't need to be) so they didn't know the signals... and really wasn't important.

#21 RSnodgrass, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. OP
    RSnodgrass

RSnodgrass TCMAS President
    Staff Member BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee

Fishies collected:
    Appreciate the compliment, I'm looking forward to doing a large format print of it! I was stoked to go through the raw images and find that one.