March 11th, 2017. Fourteen day cycle. I have algae again! After losing the algae a couple of weeks ago, I decided to let this new culture row for two weeks to establish itself again. It's very evident that the scrubber is back to working. But from the look of the algae screen, I'm thinking it is best to keep a harvest schedule of every seven days. The algae grows beyond the screen and seems to pull itself off of the screen. The algae also appears to have more "wet" algae; whether from being a new source or just being submerged at the bottom and keeping more water in the culture. The harvest yielded well over one cup of algae with a dry weight of 4.15 ounces. One thing that I noticed that was different about this harvest was that the algae scraped of quite easily. Normally the algae has a bit of a firmer grasp of the screen and is more resistant to being scraped off the screen. It could be that the algae needs some more time to get a firmer grip on the screen or the screen may need to be re-scuffed or replaced. Maybe after numerous scrapings, the screen itself is losing the texture it needs for holding the algae. I would prefer to not start over with a new screen, so I may just try to rough up this screen during the next harvest. I'm also working on making a new media tray for the sump. Currently, the outlet from the ATS empties into a media tray filled with filter floss to catch any loose pieces of algae. Based on the discussion of algae releasing compounds into the water and David's suggestion of running carbon, I want to have the ATS outlet empty into a tray filled with carbon and floss. I passively have a bag of carbon in my sump, but it's placed ahead of the ATS. Having the carbon located behind the ATS may help pull those compounds out before they enter the display. One thing that I've noticed since running the ATS is that my ORA Red Goniopora has not looked like it has in the past. The polyps are very pale (pink) and do not extend nearly as much as before; maybe ¾" at most as opposed to over 2" before. There may not be a correlation between this reaction and the ATS, but it's worth looking into. And I already checked to make sure the ATS feed pump was "ON".