School asking for help

Discussion in 'Young reefing forum' started by smithben1983, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
  2. softball914

Fishies collected:
    OK mr Badoman Im the one that was asking for some help I wanted to get a tank for the school, everyone on here is thinking that it was a hoax, I dont appreciate it at all, I will find help from someone else that will not be fake and will not distrust. I thought the club would have a little faith in some projects like this. If I could I would buy all the equipment for my sons school myself but I cant and thats why I was reaching out. Thanks, Now I see why people are not happy with this club.

3. softball914

Fishies collected:
    And this was for my sons school Cowern Elementry School in North St, paul. Im divorced and my wife got the house . Do you want the address there I can give you that also.

4. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Nice to see people regulate if someone replied or not, Thanks BadOman, I wasnt able to reply cuz Ive been dealing with a death in the family

5. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
    You gave us no information. How were we suppose to know? If you look at my thread about starting a club a lot of people felt weary cause I didn't provide enough info and I was relatively unknown to this Forum. I'm sure people would be willing help you out now that they know where and what is going on.

6. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Maybe Im taking this the wrong way but you think thats there are people trying to cheat you , well Im not one of them

7. softball914

Fishies collected:
    I never put this on the club someone else did, I was on craigslist asking, cuz I was embarrased to ask for help from the club

8. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
    Do you think people would be posting on this thread if they didn't want to help a school?
    Look in the thread and you'll see that everyone here who has posted was willing to help.

9. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Im sorry , just hate that other people have to ruin it for others, I apologise

10. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
    Everyone just pretend page 2 didn't happen :cool:

11. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Im sorry to everyone I just hate how other people have to ruin for people like me that was trying to do good with a project for the school, Just had alot going on in my life with a death in the family.

12. OP
    smithben1983

smithben1983 TCMAS Pipe Cleaner Extraordinaire!
    Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    but page 2 did happen and I posted your add trying to help I emailed you and got no reply. than I come on here to read this. Responses like this make people like me not want to help.

13. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Ok then I wasnt the one who posted this on here, I havent been around, Ive been dealing with a death so I didnt respond, Im sorry

14. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
    In his defense it was kind of abrupt. An option could have been to email him, wait for him to respond with his answer and then post.

15. OP
    smithben1983

Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    As you can see I did say I sent an email. there was no abrupt to it. People wanted to help out and than with nothing for info doubt came into play. There was time to post the add asking for help why not have the time saying something in return to my email.

16. softball914

Fishies collected:
    Smithben1983 I appreciate your help but you didnt need to post this ad from craigslist, I didnt want the doubt from other people, now this is where Im at.

17. softball914

Fishies collected:
    yes and that night that I posted it I lost my father, so I didnt reply, I had more important things at that time, I hope you can see that

18. BadOmen

BadOmen Senior Member

Fishies collected:
    I think he's mentioned why, with good reasoning. A loss in the family is tragic and you don't just go "Oh, I'll just reply to this Email" when something like this happens.
    This was just bad timing with the Email and the Tragic lose of a loved one and Mis-Understanding.

Oops mentioned it a 4th time now

#38 BadOmen, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  19. OP
    smithben1983

Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    I can see that and believe me I feel for you. Why can't you see that TCMAS was willing to help and because of your lack of response, for whatever reason, lead us to believe that someone was scamming on CL. people have been robbed killed rapped from CL there are bad people out there. All you had to do was speak up at any point and say "thanks gang sorry I didn't get back to you i had a death in the family." EVERYONE would be okay with that and be willing to help you.

20. OP
    smithben1983

Lifetime Member

Fishies collected:
    The point isn't that he didn't email. The point is that he comes on here and gets bent cause people doubted the CL post. no need to take it out on TCMAS and the members. We are a good group of very helpful giving people. The BOD and MODs work hard to keep it that way and have done a very fine job.