Tunze Coral Gum Instant; My First Experience

Discussion in 'Equipment: Setup and Discussion' started by jlanger, Jan 6, 2019.

1. jlanger

jlanger "The North Remembers"
    Lifetime Member Event Committee

I thought that I would say a few words about my first experience with using Tunze's Coral Gum Instant epoxy.

This was hands-down the best product that I have ever used to mount my coral frags onto the rocks.
    The epoxy is actually soft and very pliable. You can easily pinch/scoop out the amount that you need. It mixes very quickly and doesn't generate that nasty smell associated with epoxies.
    To mount the frags inside the tank, I used the glue-epoxy-glue sandwich between the frag mount and the rock. The soft epoxy can be pressed into the features of the rock easily and then the epoxy sets rather quickly thereafter. This was the by far the easiest mounting of frags underwater that I have ever done.
    There doesn't seem to be any side effects from using the epoxy, either. My skimmer didn't overflow and there's nothing really to clean up. The higher cost night be a negative, but I would say that it is definitely worth the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  2. csb123

csb123 Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Thanks for the review! I’ll give it a try.