Work in progress

Discussion in 'Full tank shots' started by BSpook1979, Mar 28, 2014.

1. BSpook1979

Fishies collected:
    Hello all,

Here is my 90gal Marineland reef ready money pit (At least that is what the wife would call it):biglaugh2:.

Specifics:

90 gallon Marineland single corner overflow black
    RapidLED, Onyx light fixture
    Apex Jr. with VDM
    Red Sea, Wavemaster Pro
    DIY Custom sump/refug
    DIY PVC Skimmer, controlled by a modified maxi-jet 900

Please keep in mind that this system has only been running for about three months. It is having a couple issues with algae, but I am starting to get it under control. Most of the livestock that is in the tank has come from my old 37gallon Oceanic system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 BSpook1979, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. BEAV9900

BEAV9900 Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

Fishies collected:
    I really like that rock aquascape! Did you piece that together? Also what fish are in there? Can't wait to see that fill out.

3. OP
    BSpook1979

Fishies collected:
    Thank you,

I kinda cheated with the rock work. I know a wholesale guy that had like two gaylords full of rock. I got hand pick the rock out of like 2tons of rock. he sold it to me for $1 a pound also. it was a sweet deal!

The fish I have right now are just a mated pair of Ocellaris clowns, sail fin tang, and an orange spotted shrimp goby (Pistol shrimp is his buddy). I also have a skunk cleaner and various other inverts.

4. BEAV9900

BEAV9900 Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

Fishies collected:
    Nice score on the rock. Giving me some inspiration on my aquascape.

How are you liking the apex vdm and rapid led set up?

5. OP
    BSpook1979

Fishies collected:
    I love the Apex! Greatest invention for reef keeping ever. I had not had one until I moved into this tank. Now I don't know what I ever did without one (Wished I would have sprung for the full power bar 8... Oh well). The VDM is really cool. I set the lighting to emulate the Hawaiian reefs. The programming of the VDM was a little complicated, but I got a bunch of help from online forums. I just found out today that Apex has a new online beta that they are releasing for the Apex. Its called Apex Fusion. I'm being told that it revolutionizes the programming for the Apex. I am waiting to get my turn on the beta. I guess Apex only releases so many openings a day. I'll keep trying. RapidLED has really nice lights. 3Watt Cree LEDs in a semi-Full spectrum. It works good with the Apex/VDM. I'm fairly pleased with the lighting. I may in the future add a second fixture... We'll see if the wife lets me. LOL