BRS is Awesome! If you didn't already know

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussion' started by infinityends, Mar 8, 2019.

1. infinityends

infinityends Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

I haven't been super active in the hobby the last couple of years. My tanks are still running, although admittedly a bit neglected. As with numerous others, my time to dedicate to the hobby was significantly reduced when my wife and I had our first child (Emmie) nearly 2 years ago.

I've gone up and down a bit with my motivation levels, which also greatly depend on work. A huge project had me on overtime for 3+ months this fall. Although I was able to sneak away for a few days to attend MACNA for the first time.

Anyway, enough back story about me. On to BRS and why they are an awesome company. I know this is a local forum, and although BRS ships all over. In the off chance some newer members are unaware Bulk Reef Supply is a locally owned company located in Golden Valley, and a sponsor of TCMAS.

With the Trident release (hopefully) on the horizon now that NSI members are receiving test devices. I decided to log into the BRS website to check on how many rewards points I had built up. Planning that upon its release I could shave a bit off of the cost of Trident whenever it ships. FWIW, at MACNA 2018 Neptune said they expect Trident to cost around $600.

Unfortunately, I had never paid attention, or realized this key fact. BRS rewards points expire after 1 year. Upon logging into my account I learned that I had let nearly $200 worth of points expire. I live within a 5 minute drive of BRS and intentionally hold off on purchases until the 10x points days and almost exclusively purchase dry goods and equipment from BRS. Needless to say, I was not very happy with myself.

I knew my chances were slim because the policy is there and I just failed to pay attention. But I contacted BRS support and politely asked that even though I'm the one that screwed up, if I could convince management to approve a one-time exception and have them credit back the points to my account. This afternoon I received a reply informing me that my request had been approved!

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with BRS, and this was definitely going above and beyond anything they had a responsibility to do. Just wanted to give them a shout out and say thanks.
    [b][/b]

• Like Like x 4
  2. acharpenter

acharpenter Pitas' Pita
    Site Admin BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee Meeting Host 2019

Awesome - and thanks for the heads up, I had no idea they expire either!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    infinityends

infinityends Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

I'm guessing it was a policy change at some point because I don't remember ever seeing expiration dates in the past.

4. ikserk

ikserk Administrator
    Site Admin Lifetime Member

not that it helps any, but I remember expiration dates as far back as 2014ish when they were at the old building.

5. jlanger

jlanger "The North Remembers"
    Lifetime Member Event Committee

The reward points have had an expiration date for years; like Jeremy1.0 stated.
    Just another instance of the current culture of not taking the time to read the fine print.

And I agree, BRS is awesome!!!

6. acharpenter

acharpenter Pitas' Pita
    Site Admin BOD Lifetime Member Event Committee Meeting Host 2019

Oh no you didnt! You taking a swing at me sir?

7. bigtime45

bigtime45 Junior Member
    TCMAS Member TCMAS Supporter

I have had great luck with them and love that they are local. I ordered something yesterday afternoon and just went with the free standard shipping. My package is already out for delivery today.