Bunch of basic(?) apex questions....

Discussion in 'Equipment: Setup and Discussion' started by dougers31, Jan 15, 2020.

1. dougers31

dougers31 Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

So I got a new laptop a few months back and am looking to link it to my apex lite that I've had for approx. 8+ years. Had it linked to my old laptop but it crashed so now have no access other than through the apex display. Also would like to link it to my phone with fusion(it was at one point) after I get the laptop figured out. Any directions may have to be dumbed down a bit as I'm pretty lousy at networking etc ;)

Thanks!

2. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

On your display, there should be a network tab somewhere (i dont have a display anymore so I cant give you instructions on how to get there) but under the network tab you should find an IP address (192.168.1.57 or something similar in most cases)

On your laptop, open google chrome and type that ip address in the address bar at the top of the screen and hit enter, this will get you to the oldschool apex dashboard

As for setting up fusion, i think that is also done from the display itself but could be wrong. Hope some of this made sense/helped

3. OP
    dougers31

dougers31 Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Thanks!! IP address was all that was needed for the laptop. For some reason I thought I had to download and app or something... Now to look into updating fusion and getting my phone set up but no rush there :)

4. ikserk

ikserk Administrator
    Site Admin Lifetime Member

The app you speak of is for updating firmware on the apex classic models

• Like Like x 1