Coupon good through 5/14/19

Discussion in 'General Reef Discussion' started by dougers31, May 14, 2019.

1. dougers31

dougers31 Senior Member

If you spend $100 at petco.com you get $30 off your order... normally not a real big deal but they have Live Aquaria salt for about $48 a box. So buy two boxes and another $5 item and you pay $71(plus tax of course) for two boxes of LA salt. Figured that would interest some folks :)

upload_2019-5-14_4-19-45.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. eschulist

eschulist That Office Nano Guy
    Lifetime Member Meeting Host 2019

Thanks. I've actually wanted to give it a try. I normally run regular Red Sea and wanted to bump up the numbers a bit without going all the the way to the super elevated Pro black bucket. This should be a nice medium.

I also had a strange giftcard credit that was transferred from Dr Fosters and Smith. 2 buckets of salt and some $5 food for $17 shipped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    dougers31

dougers31 Senior Member

One negative that just showed up... The site shows that shipping is free at $49 but they are charging $5.99 for shipping on the($80 afte discount) order I almost placed. Not a fan of contradictory info so I'm not placing an order. Already have a year supply of salt anyway ;)

4. Reefking

Reefking Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

I have always been very brand loyal. I have to admit that I do like the LA salt over the reef crystals.

5. OP
    dougers31

dougers31 Senior Member

Yeah, I was going 50/50 RC and Instant ocean when doing water changes and the tank seemed to be doing ok.. I switched to LA and it looks a bit better plus it dissolves quickly and has barely any residue something that cannot be said for RC. Also the fact the Live aquaria uses it exclusively(?) in their systems gives me a bit more confidence in it.

6. livestuff

livestuff I contributed!
    Lifetime Member

Live Aquaria has LA salt on sale and free shipping

7. eschulist

eschulist That Office Nano Guy
    Lifetime Member Meeting Host 2019

Petco had it very slightly cheaper but with the Mother’s Day coupon code it made it around $35 a bucket/box

• Like Like x 1
  8. DarkSky

DarkSky Administrator
    Site Admin Lifetime Member Event Committee Meeting Host 2019 Meeting Host 2018

I switched over half a year ago. Stocked up on it when it was on sale from Dr. Fosters before they switched to Petco for around $36 a box.

For the price and basically overnight shipping (from Reinlander) it's a darn good salt. Mixes up right around 8.5dKh. Really like it over IO/RC.

• Like Like x 1