Not really new to the hobby

Discussion in 'New to the hobby?' started by skronkvist, May 24, 2019.

1. skronkvist

I know I was a member of TCMAS about 10 years ago. I had a 55 gal tank. I loved the hobby, but underwent some changes in my life and had to stop. I know there are a lot of changes that have taken place. I want to get the right equipment this time and not have everything hanging on the back. lol. Back then I wanted to have a sump and auto top off mechanism, but with out a drilled tank, my options were awkward. At this point I think that most of the equipment I have is probably obsolete, hopefully not the metal halide light. Right now I am gathering information so that I can start again on the right foot. Great to be here.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DarkSky

DarkSky Administrator
    Site Admin Lifetime Member Event Committee Meeting Host 2018

3. abhishek

abhishek Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Metal halide is not obsolete :D . Its coming back stronger than ever my friend .

Welcome Back !!!!

4. cathorn

cathorn Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

5. csb123

csb123 Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Welcome back. I too took a long break and came back. Things have changed over the years. Take a look at BRS video series “52 weeks of reefing” and you’ll catch right up!

Sean

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ignacio Hinson

Hello, everybody as I am also a newbie over here and do not know where to start. Instead of creating a new one I think this is the right place to introduce yourself.
    Well, I am Ignacio and I have a small pond in front of house, looking to explore more over here.

7. Ignacio Hinson

Well, after a certain bit f time I am again here to discuss with you:)

8. VikingsCrazy

VikingsCrazy I contributed!
    Lifetime Member Event Committee TCMAS Member TCMAS Supporter

Welcome back! I took a 15 year break and have been back at it almost 1 year now. The advice I have for you is to do your research before you buy. Take your time and get what you want before you set up so you are not looking back wishing it was bigger or different in some way. If you get most things before you set up you will not have to rush to purchase things you need before doing research on what you really want. Otherwise you will end up with a corner or a room full of stuff you have upgraded and wasted $$$ on before you should actually have that room ;) And.....Welcome Ignacio!