Would you go Radion Blue Or Pro Version with Gen 5?

Discussion in 'Equipment: Setup and Discussion' started by H2OHOH, Jul 29, 2020.

1. H2OHOH

H2OHOH Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

If you already have, or were to get Radion Gen 5 led lights, what version would you go...Pro or Blue?

2. Fishfoo

Fishfoo I contributed!
    Lifetime Member TCMAS Member Meeting Host 2019

If you have the money for it go with the pro. If not, go with the blue :)

Edit: Just looked and saw they are the same amount, shows what I know! At that point I'd go with whatever you prefer to run your tank: more blue heavy or more whites. I don't think you can go wrong either way though

3. Woodyth

TCMAS Supporter

I just got the blue and it's great. I would splurge for the diffuser if you are worried about leaking light into the room. Hooked right in with my mp-10's and running the ab+. I DID set up acclimation mode since coming from the weaker prime hd. All in all I think it's more preference for color as the Foo said..... :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

I would wait to see what the philips coral care g2 is like. I think its gonna take the top spot from radions for performance

5. Woodyth

TCMAS Supporter

Of course, when I think I'm buying the latest and greatest, something has to be better LOL

• Like Like x 1
  6. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Senior Member
    TCMAS Supporter

Isnt that always how it works?!

Jokes aside the radions are probably the most successful LED's out there right now so i think you are in pretty good hands! Im just a sucker for new and shiny tech haha

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ben Nicholls

Ben Nicholls TCMAS Old Timer
    Lifetime Member Meeting Host 2019

From what I've heard about the difference between the blue and pro is that the blues LED counts produce a spectrum near the popular AB+. If you are going to run that anyway the blues let you run all the LED powers equal and just adjust the overall power level of the light. The Pro has more white, red, and green.

So if you normally run something like AB+ go with the blues and you won't be wasting puck space on LED colors you won't be using anyway. If you like to run a more white tank or elevate the red, green, and white above the AB+ levels then go with the Pro.

8. Reefking

Reefking Senior Member
    TCMAS Member

I would lean towards the pro’s considering your tank is 90 percent sps. Probably would be happy with either..

It would be helpful to see a live comparison between the two. For that price, a sales rep should come to your house for a courtesy demo.